All those mentioned in this policy who use the System to receive a service and/ or answer a need or question are herein referred to as “the Consumer”.
All those mentioned in this policy who use the System in order to receive a call for their service and/ or expertise are herein referred to as “the Specialist”.
Information the System works with
The System collects:
- Information that the User provides to the System, such as when the User creates their account.
- Information created when the User uses the System.
- Information from other sources, such as the Company’s partners and third parties that use the Systems APIs
- Information collected constantly by the System from Users.
Information provided by the User
This may include:
- User profile: The Company collects information when the User creates or updates their account.
(This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information) and includes the preferences and settings that they enable for their account.)
- Demographic data: The Company may collect demographic information about the User, including through the location of the User.
- User content: The Company may collect information that the User submits when they contact the Company such as through the Business Centre for customer support and or ratings.
Information created when using Company services
Information from other sources
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing their information in connection with referral programs.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Partner service provider or professional companies (such as a Specialist who uses the System through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
How the Company Uses Information
- To enhance the safety and security of the Users and the System
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Providing services and features
- Match Consumers to Specialists.
- Create and Update the Users account.
- Enable Specialists services, deliveries, and other services. This includes automated processing of the User’s information to enable the System to process a Consumer request.
- Enable features that allows the sharing of information with other people, such as when the Consumer submits a rating for a Specialist.
- Enable features to personalize the User’s account, such as an image gallery to showcase their work.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use the Systems services, such as Voice Recognition which enables those who are partially sighted or blind Consumers to receive Specialist services.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide the Systems services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Direct the User’s questions to the appropriate customer support person or business center
- Investigate and address his or her concerns
- Monitor and improve the Company customer support responses
Cookies and Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with the System.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
This includes sharing information about the User with:
- Company Business Partners. For example, if the User requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, the Company may share his or her information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with the System APIs, service providers or professionals suppliers, or services, or those with an API or service with which the Company integrates, or business partners with whom the Company may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
- With the general public when the User submits content to a public forum
- With the owner of the Specialist account that the User may use
- With subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company
- With service providers and business partners of the company
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with the Company or on the Company’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist the Company to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Tradespeople and other local providers.
- Service providers and professional partners.
Information Retention and Deletion
Special Information for EU Users
1. EU User Rights
a. Explanation and copies of your data
- The User has the right to request an explanation of the information that the Company has about them and how the Company uses that information.
- The User also has the right to receive a copy of the information that the Company collects about them if collected on the basis of consent or because the System requires the information to provide the services of the System.
- If the Company has information about the User that he or she believes is inaccurate, he or she has the right to request correction of his or her information.
- Users may request deletion of his or her account at any time. Users may request deletion through the Privacy Settings menu in the System. The Company may retain certain information about the User as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
- Please see the ‘Information Retention & Deletion’ section above for more information regarding retention and deletion practices.
d. Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to the Company’s processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. The Company may continue to process their information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to the Company’s handling of their personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00
2. Grounds for Processing
a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain the User account to enable communications for service calls, orders and accounts.
- Specialist Information, which is necessary to match Consumers with Specialists.
- Transaction information and amount of available budget in the Specialist’s account, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with use of the System.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance the System’s services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect Specialists and Consumers, and calculate remaining budget available to the Specialist.
b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of users or of others
c. The processing is necessary for the Company’s legitimate interests
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide Consumer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, recommending (new) features, improving services, and enhancing pricing and matching Specialists to Consumers.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of the System’s services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
e. The processing is necessary to fulfill the Company’s legal obligations
Choice and Transparency
- Provides a detailed explanation regarding the information the Company has collected about the User and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information the Company has collected about the User.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that the Company has about the User.