Registered office: 35 Ballards Lane, London, United Kingdom, N3 1XW
Company Registration Number: 11988032
Last Updated: 06 June 2020
Please note that we may update this policy at any time.
- What is in this policy?
Spetz Ltd is committing to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Policy tells you:
- What information we might collect about you
- How we might use this information
- What personal information we might share with others
- Your choices about the personal information we might have about you
- What does this policy cover?
This Policy specifically applies to:
- Specialists – individuals who use the System to offer their professional services or expertise to Customers;
- Customers – individuals who use the System to look for Specialists who can assist them with their needs.
You can object at any time to our collection or use of your information by contacting us at email@example.com. Read below for more information on your choices about the personal information we might have about it.
- What Information we might collect about you?
Information you provide:
- On registering an account:
- Personal contact details such as full name, title, address, telephone number and email address.
- Chosen username and password
- Date of birth, gender and a photograph
- Work areas and location
- National insurance number
- Payment or banking information (including payment related verification information)
- Details regarding the services you offer and your experience
- Copy of driving licence
- Proof of qualification to work in regulated fields
- Personal contact details such as full name, title, address, telephone number and email address
- Chosen username and password
- Date of birth, gender
- On sending us an email or contacting us via our websites: email address.
- On providing feedback on the System or another user: full name, email address and phone number.
Please note that if you fail to provide the above information, you may not be able to use the System properly, create an account or get in touch with us.
Information created or collected when you use our Service
- When using the Service:
- Information about your device, operation system and browser, such as model of phone you use, and the version of the software on your mobile, what browser on a computer, and if you are using Apple or Google based smartphones.
- Your location data, so that we can match Specialists and Customers who are near each other. Please note that you always have the ability to opt-in or opt-out of sharing this information with us at any time through your device settings – simply go to the setting section of your account or the setting section of our mobile application and set the “allow us to use your location data” to “on” or “off”. If you disable this feature, it may impair your use of the Services, as we will not be able to match Customers with Specialists who are nearby.
- Information about how you interact with our System – when you visit our web page or use the mobile application we collect the date and time and information about the way you used the site or application. For example, we may note which parts you have visited and whether you have left the page or closed the application without using our services. We may also collect information about unexpected technical problems with our application (such as a crash of the mobile applicable) and notices and alerts provided by the System.
- On contacting us via phone, email or the “contact us” form on our website or app:
- Record of your conversations with us – we keep information about any calls you make to our service centre and emails and letters you send us, and may record the phone conversations we have with you.
Information from other sources
- For Specialists: feedback about you Customers such as ratings or compliments.
- Information about how you provided your services which other users may give us as part of a complaint or enquiry.
Marketing service providers
- Information about you that our partners and other service providers may share with us – for example google may share with us some details from your profile (such as your age and gender) and tell how you found our web page and web-sites you visit. For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies we use to get such information, please see our Cookies Policy.
- How we will use your information
We use your information to provide our Services, and help pair Specialists with Customers.
We also use the information we collect:
- To create an account for you either as a Customer or as a Specialist so that you can use our Services. You will not be able to create an account without the required information;
- For customer support and resolving problems;
- To improve our Services and offerings;
- To verify transactions and prevent fraud;
- To keep you updated on changes, promotions and offerings we have; and
- As required by law or by legal authority.
Providing services and features
We use your personal information to adapt our Services to your needs, for example:
- We use ratings and feedback on Specialists which we receive from Customers to provide better recommendations to other Customers. For more information on the Automated Decision Making system we use to suggest a match, please see the section below.
- We use information you give us about your preferences to adapt the Services we provide to you. For example, if you prefer using voice commands instead of typing text.
Providing Customer and Technical support
We use information about the Services you received (or provided) and issues you raise in order to try and offer a solution. To do this we may:
- Examine information we collect about your use of our Services to verify and understand your problem.
- Monitor your use of our services to verify that we succeeded in solving a problem.
- Contact you if you ask us to or if we need more information about an issue you have raised.
- We may record telephone calls you make to a specialist via the system in order to later examine your interactions with specialists, our people or our system (including records of calls which you make). In the introduction to any such call we will provide you with a notice along the lines “your call is being transferred to the relevant specialist”.
- Contact other relevant users of Spetz to collect more information about you or your problem
Developing and improving our Services and offerings
We may use the information we collect about you and the way you use our Services to improve, and to develop new features and offers. For example, we may review some actions you took and the feedback you gave us to offer better options for you or other users of Spetz.
Verifying Transactions and Preventing Fraud
We may need to use information we collect about you and how you used our Services, to train our staff, verify transactions, prevent fraud and solve disputes. For example, we may listen to recordings of calls between you and our staff (we only make such recordings after notifying you) to verify what has been actually said, or by whom.
Keep you updated on changes, promotions and offers we have
We may use information we collect about you to:
- Send direct marketing material and display targeted advertisements – if you give us permission, we may use your contact details and the information we collect about the way you interact with us, as well as additional information we might have about you (for example your age or address) to send you targeted marketing materials.
You can tell us at any time [https://www.spetz.co.uk/contact-us/] to stop sending you direct marketing or use your information for targeted advertisement. Please note that you might still be presented by targeted advertisement by other platforms or third parties which we do not control.
In connection with Legal requirements
We may collect, use and keep information about you to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to the use of our Services or your interactions with us, or if we are required to do so by law or as ordered or requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Profiling and Automatic Decision Making
Profiling: we use and combine information we collect about you in order to create a profile of your inferred preferences and needs, and if you are a Specialist, also of the characteristics and qualities of your offering. This profile is created and updated automatically by our systems on the basis of new or updated information we collect when you use our Services (such as Customer ratings).
Automatic Decision Making: we use your profile to make automatic decision about:
- How to best match you with a Specialist if you are a Customer looking for one, or, if you are a Specialist, how to best match you with a Customer who needs your services or expertise.
- Determining Specialist ratings, and deactivating Specialists with low ratings.
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm Spetz, its users, and others.
We have designed our system to automatically match Specialists and Customers in a consistent and fair manner based on relevant information, but if you have concerns you can contact us [https://www.spetz.co.uk/contact-us/] to discuss this further.
- When do we share your information with others?
If you are a Specialist, we need to share information about you (name, photo, ratings, experience) with Customers looking for services in the field of expertise you provide.
If you are a Customer, once you have requested the help of a Specialist, we will share your contact details (name, phone number) and information about your location and request with the Specialist requested.
We may also need to share information about you and Services you requested, received or provided with other users when we verify or try to solve a problems you had with them or when you ask us to (for example when you post on our public forums).
We also share your information with partners and services who:
- maintain our systems and information
- help us process your payment information
- help us with customer support
- help us investigate or solve disputes
- help us develop our services and offer new features and products
- provide us with information about how people use our services
- help us market and promote our services
- display advertisements on our web site or in our mobile application
- How long do we keep your information
We keep your information for as long as you use our Services, and delete it one year after we close your account at your request, or if your account is not active for a long time.
You can ask us at any time to delete your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and then we will close your account (we cannot provide our services without your information) and delete all information which we do not need to keep for legal reasons such as:
- keeping financial records of payments and transactions,
- honouring your choice to unsubscribe from our mailing list or not to be contacted,
- dealing with open disputes,
- keeping legal evidence of agreements we had or actions we took,
- compiling with court orders, police warrants or instructions of other legal authorities.
If we do need to keep personal information about you for any such legal reasons we will keep it for seven (7) years.
- Your Rights
You are in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (known as a “data subject request”). You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and check how we are processing it.
- Withdraw consent for your processing of your information where such information was provided by consent (e.g. the details you provide on registering your account – please note that this may impact the services provided).
- Request correction of the personal information that we have about you, to ensure that we only hold accurate and updated information.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. You can request that our processing of your information be suspended.
- Request the transfer of the information we hold about you to another party (known as “data portability”).
Please note that you do not have to pay a fee in order to exercise any of the rights above, unless your request is unfounded or excessive, in which case we may also refuse to adhere to your request.
You can exercise these rights by contacting customer services at [email address]. Please ensure to provide your full name, username, phone number and a copy of your ID, driving licence or passport. We need this information in order to confirm your identity and ensure that you have the right to exercise the above rights.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use your personal data or if you want to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at 35 Ballards Lane, London, United Kingdom, N3 1XW or email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with the way we’ve handled a request, we hope that you give us an opportunity to address your concerns. However, if you are still not satisfied with the way your concern has been handled, you can refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.